Pregnancy Essentials

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

I decided to share some of my favorite things that I have grown to love throughout my pregnancy. Throughout my experience, I have found some things that have really worked for me and some things that have not. I have compiled a list of "pregnancy essentials" and I do use the term "essentials" loosely as these are things that have worked for me throughout my pregnancy and maybe may work for you, too.

 Wardrobe:

When it comes to my pregnancy wardrobe, I kept it as simple as possible yet put together. Since this is my first pregnancy, it took a while for me to "show" so I was pretty fortunate to not have to purchase a lot of maternity options. My style is pretty casual and bohemian, so my wardrobe options gave me a lot to work with already. Here are a few items I had on repeat:
  • Versatile basics: Leggings and basic tees have been great options for me. Because I work in the fashion industry and of course try to represent the brand I work for as much as possible, this part was easy for me. The fashion brand I work for has a rocker meets bohemian chic feel so the clothes sizing is very versatile so I was able to wear these options for much of my pregnancy-white and graphic tees, easy breezy: H&M.
  • Dresses: Because my pregnancy has been through the whole of spring and summer, I have been dealing with this intense California heat, so dresses have been my absolute go to! I already had many options of dresses that were non-maternity that were easy transition pieces for me. I did however find some great and affordable options from Target and Pink Blush.
  • Jeans: Although no pregnant women really enjoys wearing jeans during pregnancy, especially in the dead of summer but I was able to find some comfortable and versatile options for myself. H&M has some great options for maternity jeans, especially since I did not want to spend a fortunate, not knowing how long I was going to wear them for. Because I also wanted a great pair for date night or a dressier dinner, I found some cute and very affordable options at Old Navy as well. 
Beauty & Health (Skincare Included):

I have always been into beauty and skincare and throughout my pregnancy it has been no different (minus the 1st trimester sluggish days). I definitely have to say, the prenatal vitamins have also been a big help to the addition of better skin and healthier hair. My hair routine has never been high maintenance (being that I have straight hair) so I have and continue to keep it simple throughout. 

Because skincare is very important to me and I have been complimented with the "pregnancy glow," I have also kept my makeup routine low maintenance (minus the date night and special events). Concealer, a little blush and mascara has been my go-to! Here are my essentials that I could not live without and have made me feel extra special throughout my pregnancy:
  • Oils: I love cleansing oils (being that I have dry skin) because they really add that extra moisture to your skincare routine but add that extra touch of luxury. Currently I have been using Garnier Clean & Nourishing Cleansing Oil but I am open for recommendations. For keeping my belly skin supple and constantly moisturized, Bio Oil has been a godsend. I truly believe in the effect of oils and their moisturizing properties and this oil was no different for me (I actually preferred it to cocoa butter). 
  • Moisturizers: Moisturizers have always been extremely important to me. So, having a very good day-moisturizer and nourishing night cream is key to maintaining a great skincare routine. I have some great options: Murad Perfecting Day Cream and H2O Plus Waterbright Illuminating Night Cream.
  • Illuminators: Although you may have that already "pregnancy glow," adding that extra touch of glow has always been my favorite part! Because I keep my makeup routine on the simple side, Becca's Backlight Priming Filter has a subtle but beautiful glowing touch for every day. And for that extra shimma shimma, I found a lovely affordable option from Sonia Kashuk.
These are just a few things that have made me feel extra special throughout my first pregnancy, which has truly been a blessing and joyful experience. I would to hear what were your pregnancy essentials and go-to pampering products that make you feel extra special. 

Xoxo,
Steph

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM

Subscribe