Beauty Routine

Thursday, April 14, 2016


A girl's beauty routine is everything and mine is no different. My mom always gave me the advice to start using eye cream as early in life as possible, because the sooner you start preventative measures, the more grateful you will be later on in life! And I have to say...my mother was right!! 

My morning beauty routine consists of light and bright products. Since the bulk of my cleansing is at nighttime, I like to use this light and gentle cleanser by fresh, that does the job of cleansing. I follow up with this Ole Henriksen Vitamin C potent serum to boost my skin in the morning. I also apply a vitamin C potent eye cream by Origins that is great for those mornings when your eyes are looking tired, as this formula contains a bit of caffeine, you will be looking wide awake in no time! For moisturizers, I use two products, as currently my skin is feeling a bit parched and dry-I like to start with a beauty oil, this one from Oil Essentials, contains argan oil and wheat germ and an AM moisturizer with SPF-this one by CeraVe has done me no wrong. Lastly, I love to spritz my face with a refreshing mist and this one by Jurlique smells of lovely roses.

For my nighttime routine, I love to use rich and emollient products. I definitely love to double cleanse to ensure the next products applied are able to fully penetrate in my skin. I first use a cleansing oil, this one is by Garnier, that really breakdowns any makeup applied for the day, especially stubborn mascara. I follow up with a cleansing water, also by Garnier, that helps eliminate any remaining makeup and or oil residue from the cleansing oil. Currently, I am using a serum booster by Ren that helps tighten and brighten the skin and definitely awakens the skin. Since I use a caffeine rich eye cream in the morning, I choose to use an extra moisturizing eye cream at night, I highly recommend this one by Kiehls, I keep going back to this specific one. Lastly, I apply my two moisturizers like I do in my morning routine. I use another Oil Essentials beauty oil-this one contains seabuckthorn and borage, as well as this amazing nighttime moisturizer by Vichy that smells incredible. When I wake up in the morning, my skin feels rejuvenated and youthful!

May seem like a lot of products but this is what works for me and in all honesty, it is a true treat, a little spa ritual. Luckily, I don't feel that my skin is too sensitive so I am able to experiment constantly with new products. I would love to hear about everyone's beauty routine and if you have any suggestions for me to try out.

Xo,
Steph

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM

Subscribe