Teething Survival Kit

Thursday, November 05, 2015


When Juliet started teething at 4 months I was in a panic. She was cranky, drooling all over the place, and wasn’t sleeping. I didn’t know what to do to help her feel better. I started researching the Internet and getting advice from other moms. I really felt like we tried everything!  After lots of trial and error we finally found what worked and what didn’t. She cut her first two teeth a few weeks later and we are now working on her top two middle teeth.


Here is a list of what has helped soothed her sore gums and has finally given us both relief:


The Lux Amare Chamomile Baby is an amazing essential oil blend made with Organic German Chamomile and French Lavender. Chamomile is anti-inflammatory and the lavender soothes. I just dab a drop on her jawline and on her chest before bed. I love this oil for its versatility, it's great for colic, rashes, burn, and inflammation.

Hylands teething tablets are homeopathic tabs that help ease teething symptoms. I have found that they do help.






Sophie la Girafe

Sophie is Juliet's favorite teething toy. This toy is made of natural rubber and has many nooks and crevices that Juliet loves to chew on.






Mamma and Little teething jewelry

This is something that is not just for Juliet. I love this product because I can style an outfit while still providing comfort to my baby. Juliet has something to play with, as well as, chew on these beads while I hold her and babywear. This jewelry is made from food grade silicone and does not harbor bacteria, a great choice for sure.






Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder

These are ideal for freezing fruit or veggies. Juliet enjoys chomping on apples and slices of mango. This is definitely something that keeps her mind off of any pain.





St. Amours Teethers biscuits

These biscuits are amazing! They kept Juliet busy for hours. She loved chomping on these lemon flavored Vegan biscuits. What I love about these is that they don't dissolve real quickly like the biscuits you usually find at the grocery store. These are actually hard and my baby girl enjoys chewing on it's ridges.




Amber teething necklace

A local momma recommended this to me and I noticed a significant decrease in drool with Juliet. I purchased mine at a local baby boutique. Make sure to purchase genuine Baltic amber. I was nervous about trying this out as I was afraid Juliet would pull on it but she didn't even notice it. The necklace has a safety clasp and each bead is individually threaded so if the necklace does break the beads won't go flying all over the place.




All of these different teething remedies have helped with the anxiety of soothing Juliet's discomfort.   I hope this post and my experience with these options were helpful. I'd love to know what worked for you?

XoXo,
Iris 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM

Subscribe