Meet Mommies in Spanglish

Tuesday, November 03, 2015



This blog came about when we realized as friends that we were starting our journeys into motherhood . We also happen to share a similar interest in fashion, beauty, home decor and values. It was a match made in heaven. To backtrack a bit to how we first met and how our friendship blossomed, here is a little side story: our husbands where friends since little league baseball but really connected in high school and have been friends every since. We both married our husbands at a younger age and have created a friendship as girlfriends ever since.

To further share our interests as friends and express our multitude of similar interests and experiences in life, we decided to document it through this creative outlet. We are so very excited to share our stories, our future, and most importantly, our present.


This is Iris's story:
Hi, I am a 29-year-old, Mexican-American gal. Married to an incredibly supportive husband, after many years of trying to conceive we were finally blessed with our daughter Juliet. Becoming a mom has been an amazing gift. From one day to the next my whole world has changed and being a good mom is my main priority. I have been lucky enough to be able to stay home with her for the past 8 months, however; soon I will have to return to work where I assist families and children. Being a public servant is challenging, but knowing I make a difference is what keeps me going.

I grew up in a tight knit family as the oldest of four girls. Having my sisters around me makes life complete. There is never a dull moment around them. I love expressing myself through fashion and decor. It’s amazing how good a new outfit or pair of shoes can make you feel! My husband and I enjoy trying new foods and traveling when we get the chance.

 This blog for me is a creative outlet where I can share my interests and experiences as a new momma

This is Stephanie's story:
28 years old, Mexican-American, happily married to my best friend-Jey. I currently work in the fashion industry in Los Angeles, California and love what I do. Working in the city is amazing but I am also a "living in suburbia" girl at heart. Growing up in the suburbs of California near the Pacific ocean has been a true blessing. I love the hustle and bustle of the city but knowing I can come home to a calm setting is just right up my alley. 

At this point in time of my life, my husband and I have decided to embark on a new journey, parenthood. We have decided that we are officially "trying." Although, sometimes there does take planning, we are letting go all reigns and leaving it in God's hands.

This is my story and I would like to share my experience(s) along with all the other parts that make me, ME! 


We are so very excited to embark on new experiences and even more with the support of each other!
Thank you for taking the time to visit our blog :)

XoXo,

Iris & Stephanie

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. AWESOMNESSSSS!!!! if tha'ts a word ! excited to read more !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to following your insights and adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC!! Totally love! I look forward to keeping up with u girls! :)

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Subscribe