What's in my Hospital Bag/Diaper Bag

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

As I am leading into my 39th week of pregnancy, I needed to ensure I was all set and packed for the hospital as of 37 weeks, you are considered full term and could essentially go into labor at any moment. I have not gone into labor yet (as I am able to write this post hehe) so I wanted to share a list of things I've packed for the hospital based off of lists I have found online (I referenced lists from The Bump and What to Expect )and things I believe are essential for me to have.

For Mommy:
  1. A weekender tote (I found mine at Target and it is the perfect size!)
  2. Nursing Bra(s)-I picked up some from Target without any underwire for comfort reasons!
  3. Full coverage underwear (ones that you won't mind throwing away if an accident should occur/the hospital will also provide you with some mesh ones but just in case)
  4. Overnight feminine pads (for obvious reasons-I am taking 3 just to have on hand/the hospital will also provide these for you but they are a much larger size)
  5. Socks (with rubber grips/ hospitals can be cold)
  6. A pair of slippers (to be able to walk around the hospital)
  7. A pair of flip flops (I will be using these for the shower and to go home in)
  8. Toiletries (whatever items you think are a necessity to you) 
  9. A comfortable robe (this is something I plan to use right after birth/for visitors and to keep warm)
  10. A nursing nightgown (you will be provided with one from the hospital but this is something for me to change into later, also purchased this one at Target)
  11. A cute robe (this is to take nice hospital photos in/ I got mine from Pink Blush)
  12. A small makeup bag (I am taking enough to spruce myself up for any pictures but nothing too extravagant)
  13. Massage Oil (I am taking this one from Burts Bees to help easy any labor/back pains)
  14. A massage ball (this has been helpful for massaging out any lower back pain/a great tool for your partner to assist you with during labor-I received mine in a Mama Bird Box)
  15. Lastly, a Going-Home outfit (I have chosen to take two options, depending on my mood/a very comfy dress, a pair of comfy leggings, a nursing tank top and a kimono style cardigan)
For Daddy:
Jey will also have a change of clothes in the same bag as mine and will be sharing toiletries with me, as well as, packing him a goodie bag of snacks to have just in case we cannot grab some food in the hospital cafeteria.

For Baby:
(something to note: the hospital will provide mostly everything needed for baby but I love to have options so I have decided to pack a bag for little Ezra)
  1. Diaper Bag (I received this one as a gift from my Aunt-love Petunia Pickle Bottom bags!)
  2. Travel sized baby essentials (just to have in case of an emergency but the hospital will provided you with most of these)
  3. A nursing cover (this one is from Covered Goods-can't wait to use it, as you can use it as a nursing cover for modesty, a scarf, shopping cart seat cover and a car seat cover!)
  4. A Muslin Swaddler (I love this one from Little Unicorn)
  5. A thicker blanket (just in case it gets colder)
  6. Diapers and Water Wipes (just in case-better to be safe then sorry and Water Wipes are the most recommended to use on newborns-chemical free!)
  7. Lastly, a few options for a going home outfit (the hospital will mostly want the baby in the newborn t-shirts but these are options for pictures/going-home outfit)
Of course, we will already have the infant car seat ready in the car!

 This is all of what I am packing-may seem like a lot but I'd rather be safe than sorry and lacking any necessities. I'd love to hear what you felt what was important to pack for the hospital.

Xoxo,
Steph

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM

Subscribe